Novelguide.com is a premier free source for literary analysis and general study help. We provide an educational supplement for better understanding of classic and contemporary literature as well as test prep material. Novelguide.com is continually in the process of adding more books to the website each week. Please check back weekly to see what we have added. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or comments or would like any additional information.
End-User License Agreement For Website Usage – Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and this website for the "online" documentation provided on this website (collectively, "ONLINE PRODUCT") as well as any material posted by you or any other user of the Novelguide.com website. By using the ONLINE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, you should not use the ONLINE PRODUCT.
ONLINE PRODUCT LICENSE: The ONLINE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The ONLINE PRODUCT is comprised of the following components: (i) all of the web pages associated with this site’s URL. English shall be deemed the language that controls the terms of this EULA.
User posting of content to Novelguide.com website and how Novelguide.com and other users can use your content:
You grant Novelguide.com and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content including your profile information and image postings on Novelguide.com solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the Novelguide.com website products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Novelguide.com may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Novelguide.com, we may retain your User Content for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Novelguide.com and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared through Novelguide.com.
If you use our Products for commercial purposes in violation of our terms of ues, as determined in our sole and absolute discretion, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Novelguide.com and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), in any way related to (a) your access to or use of our Products, (b) your User Content, or (c) your breach of any of these Terms.
Prohibited Content and Activities, and Responsibility of Users.
If you post material to the Novelguide.com website, or otherwise make material available by means of the Novelguide.com website (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software or any other format in which Novelguide.com stores data.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Novelguide.com is offensive and/or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any class or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a violent manner;
- contains anything sexually suggestive, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- includes information about another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
- violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;